Deep Tech Award 2015: Apply now!
First-class software and innovative hardware are decisive for shaping the digital transformation process. This is why, for instance, intelligent networking objects form the main basis on which the Internet of Things is built. Berlin is a major driving force in this respect: Apart from its huge diversity of start-ups, the city boasts a large number of well-established and highly specialised SMEs that are surging ahead on the market.
50,000 euro prize money for innovative hardware and systems-related software from Berlin
The SIBB, the Business Apps Network and the Senate Department for Economics, Technology and Research now wish to honour hardware and system-related software made in Berlin with up to five ‘Deep Tech Stars’ and prize money totalling 50,000 Euro. Together with the state-run initiative Projekt Zukunft and the ‘log in. berlin.’ campaign, they are putting out a call for submissions for the Deep Tech Award 2015.
What they are looking for is application-oriented and tried and tested solutions and products in the field of hardware and system-related software distinguished by their high degree of innovation and a large future potential, which include:
- Novel innovative hardware design like new chips and/or computer architectures, hardware support for specific task fields
- Novel sensors and actuators
- Innovations for communication infrastructures such as novel transmission methods, routing and forwarding strategies, innovative networks and communication protocols
- Mobile hardware components including cutting edge add-on hardware for mobile devices
- Highly efficient algorithms, in particular those with creative use of special hardware or infrastructures
- Innovative IT security solutions: security hardware, system-related security
The jury will adjudicate on entries according to their degree of innovation, possible USP, benefits and added value from a user perspective together with their inherent market potential, data protection and data security concept and their design.
As a company located in Berlin, you are eligible to make your submission for the Deep Tech Award 2015 by 20 November 2015.